Arfoire is a recurring antagonist in the the Hyperdimension Neptunia series. She represents piracy and is often depicted as a goddess throughout the series, though not all the time.
Due to the Neptunia series being a game that revolves around different universes and dimensions, there are multiple Arfoires throughout the series though most of them retain more or less the same personalities and core aspects regardless of the setting
- Arfoire's Theme: Arfoire has her own theme in Hyperdimension Neptunia composed by Kenji Kaneko that plays every time she appears.
- Arfoire's Battle Theme: Arfoire's battle theme in Hyperdimension Neptunia. It is a rearrangement of her normal theme.
- True Arfoire's Theme: Arfoire's battle theme when she enters her true form in Hyperdimension Neptunia. It is a rearrangement of her normal theme.
- CFW Arfoire's Theme: The theme that plays when fighting against the incomplete form of Arfoire in Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2.
- DoS Arfoire's Theme: The theme that plays when fighting against Diety of Sin Arfoire in Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2.
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart
Main Article: Arfoire/Hyperdevotion Noire
Anime & Boooks
Main Article: Arfoire/Anime
Arfoire's English name comes from the piracy flash-cart, the R4. Her Japanese name, Magiquone, comes from "Magicon", a catch-all term in Japan for devices that let you run unofficial and/or pirated software/games on video game consoles. Originally came from the device named "Magic Computer" which is used to copy games for the Super Famicom (SNES).
- Arfoire is the only goddess who doesn't represent a console.
- Arfoire is the only goddess with eyes that lack the power symbol, perhaps due to not having a proper HDD mode.
- Arfoire has the ability to shape-shift herself into different forms as displayed mainly in Hyperdimension Neptunia, where she would change her form constantly to deceive people.
- In a popularity poll, Arfoire came in 23rd place, just beating CFW Magic by 2 points.
- Though Arfoire's English name might be a reference to the R4 flash card, there are recurring machine monsters also named R-4.