Arfoire, known as Magiquone (マジェコンヌ, Majekon'nu) in the Japanese version, is a recurring antagonist in the the Hyperdimension Neptunia series. She represents piracy and is often depicted as a goddess throughout the series, though not all the time.
Due to the Neptunia series being a game that revolves around different universes and dimensions, there are multiple Arfoires throughout the series though most of them retain more or less the same personalities and core aspects regardless of the setting.
- 1 Other Appearances
- 2 Musical Themes
- 3 Etymology
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Navigation
Main Article: Arfoire/Hyperdevotion Noire
Main Article: Arfoire/4 Goddesses Online
Anime & Boooks
Main Article: Arfoire/The Animation
Audio samples do not work on iPad or any medium that does not support the .ogg audio format.
|Arfoire's Theme||Hyperdimension Neptunia||Arfoire has her own theme in Hyperdimension Neptunia composed by Kenji Kaneko that plays every time she appears.|
|Arfoire's Battle Theme||Arfoire's battle theme in Hyperdimension Neptunia. It is a rearrangement of her normal theme.|
|True Arfoire's Theme||Arfoire's battle theme when she enters her true form in Hyperdimension Neptunia. It is a rearrangement of her normal theme.|
|CFW Arfoire's Theme||Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2||The theme that plays when fighting against the incomplete form of Arfoire.|
|DoS Arfoire's Theme||The theme that plays when fighting against Diety of Sin Arfoire.|
Arfoire's English name comes from the piracy flash-cart, the R4. Her Japanese name, Magiquone, comes from "Magicon", a catch-all term in Japan for devices that let you run unofficial and/or pirated software/games on video game consoles. Originally came from the device named "Magic Computer" which is used to copy games for the Super Famicom (SNES).
- Though Arfoire's English name might be a reference to the R4 flash card, there are recurring machine monsters also named R-4.
- Even though Arfoire is a goddess in the original continuity of Super Dimension and Hyper Dimension, she doesn't represent a console.
- Arfoire is the only goddess that lack the power symbol in their eyes, perhaps due to not having a proper HDD mode.
- She is the only antagonist to appear in all main games and all remakes, and she has appeared in one spin-off, having appeared in eight different games in total.
- She is the only character to have different designs in each of the four main games.
- She and CFW Magic share the same Japanese and English voice actresses.
- The models of Super Dimension Arfoire's dragon form as well as her two forms in Hyper Dimension are reused several times throughout the franchise, usually as monsters that appear in the Colosseum or as transformations.
- In a popularity poll, Arfoire came in 23rd place, just beating CFW Magic by 2 points.
- Like Histoire, each version of Arfoire is usually one of the oldest beings in their dimensions. Both iterations of Super Dimension Arfoire have existed since the time of True Goddess, while Hyper Dimension Arfoire has been around since before Uzume Tennouboshi's birth. Her Ultra Dimension and Zero Dimension versions are not however, being a human and a copy respectively.