Hatsumi Sega, also commonly known by her nicknames Segami and Segamin, is a new character and one of the two protagonist in Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls alongside IF. She is designed by Tsunako and is a personification of Sega. She also has amnesia and can't remember anything other than her name. Segami has the ability to transform into Sega Hard Girls.
After regaining her memories, she is revealed to be a God.
Hatsumi has big blue eyes and long, sky blue hair worn in a thin ponytail held by a translucent gold bow. She has long spiked bangs spread around her face. Tiny details of her attire possibly take inspiration from Sonic the Hedgehog. She wears a white top with sky blue detail and a strap around the navel, with a segment of gold on each side. The collarbone area is colored blue with a white and sky blue stylized S design at the center. On the back of her top is a bow. She also wears a blue angle cut pleat miniskirt with white and sky blue lining and a pale blue pointed petticoat, white sleeves with sky blue lining on the bottom and the stylized S design on the hand, and a blue cuff with a single white stripe. On her right wrist are two gold ring bracelets. Her red and white sneakers have a gold sole to match the stripe accent, worn with pointed white stockings matching her sleeves.
Segami is a very pushy girl who always rush ahead to do the objective she remembers, which is to stop the war between the Sega Hard Girls and the CPUs of every era, without any plan in mind whatsoever, resulting in her and IF getting in trouble frequently. Despite her amnesia, she remembers and knows much of the Sega Hard Girls while struggles to remember the names of the CPUs. She is also a bit unstable emotionally and tends to cry at the sight of the Sega Hard Girls. She is also shown to be somewhat biased to the Sega Hard Girls and talks harshly to the CPUs, mainly Neptune, with the exception of Nepgear. Neptune and IF describes her attitude as "bitchy".
When her memory returned at the end of the game, she became soft-spoken and apologetic, only to return to her normal attitude later when both IF and Neptune intentionally breaks the mood to anger her.
Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls
Gakuyaura No Girls☆Talk
- Costume/VS Sega Hard Girls/Hatsumi Sega
- Accessory/VS Sega Hard Girls/Hatsumi Sega
Much like Tsunemi, her name Hatsumi is derived from Hatsune Miku. Her surname is a direct shout-out to the company Sega. Her nickname "Segami" is a combination of Sega and Hatsumi.
- Her nickname "Segami" is displayed above the dialogue boxes rather than her real name.
- Segami is the only playable character who is able to transform into different characters.
- Segami is the only Maker to be a goddess. This revelation happens near the end of the game, but there were hints throughout the story that she is not human.
- Unlike the Console Patron Units, she is not referred by the term "Megami(-sama)" (Japanese for "Goddess"), but by the term "Kami-sama" (Japanese for "God") instead.
- Segami is the only Maker in the entire series that is a goddess as opposed to being just humans being involved with the main characters.