Rei Ryghts, known as Rei Kiseijou (キセイジョウ・レイ, Kiseijou Rei) in the Japanese version, is the Console Patron Unit (CPU) of the fallen nation once known as Tari in the Ultra Dimension's Gamindustri. She represents the Atari 2600. Her personality undergoes an extreme change between her human and goddess forms, going from a meek, apologetic, and fearful woman to a megalomaniacal despot.
Main Article: Rei Ryghts/The Animation
- Her Japanese name is a pun based on the pronunciation of the term 規制条例 (ki-sei-jou-rei), which means "regulation act".
- Her Japanese name, when written in Western order (Rei Kiseijou), has the initials "R.K", which correspond to those of Raymond Kassar, CEO of Atari at the time of the Great Video Game Crash of 1983.
- Her English localization name is a play on "rewrites."
- The surreal and strange "illustrations" that Rei shows to the goddesses while explaining her history were drawn by her Japanese voice actress, Yū Kobayashi.
- Rei is the only goddess to not have a known CPU name for her goddess form. In the Colosseum, she is simply labeled as the CPU of Chaos.
- Rei Ryghts is likely to be the most powerful character to appear in the Hyper Dimension Neptunia franchise thus far. Without any followers to boost her Share energy, Rei remains immortal and is capable of breaching the fabric of time and space to create portals to other dimensions. After gaining followers and subsequently power boost from Shares, Rei becomes able to generate a potentially limitless number of CPU clones with strength rivaling the originals, and even cause interdimensional destruction of entire worlds.
- Not counting Croire, Ultra Dimension Rei is currently the oldest known being in the Ultra Dimension.