Rom (ロム, Romu), also known as one of the White Sisters (ホワイトシスター, Howaito Shisutā), is one of the CPU Candidates of Lowee and Blanc's younger twin sister who represent Nintendo DS handhelds along with Ram. She is one of the two secondary tritagonists of the Hyperdimension Neptunia franchise.
Due to the Neptunia series being a game that revolves around different universes and dimensions, there are multiple Roms throughout the series though all of them retain more or less the same personalities and core aspects regardless of the setting.
When the idol group known as MOB48 appears, Rom supports Blanc who has taken on the role of an idol to reclaim their lost shares.
Rom is a beta tester who has chosen the Samurai class.
Rom appears as one of the characters posting on NinChat.
Rom appears as a wingmate alongside Ram.
Anime & Books
Rom, similar to her sister Ram are minor characters with little appearances in the manga. Her first appearance is in Volume 2. She joins her twin sister Ram in helping Blanc mend her relationship with Neptune. Next, Rom joins her sister in their quest to discover Santa's true identity.
Touch Shot! Love Application
In Touch Shot! Love Application, Rom makes an appearance in the game as part of a custom skin that can be used on the main character's yPhone. The skin features her, Ram and Blanc from Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 and uses their Chirper Gamipics as part of the icons on the protagonists phone while the wallpaper of the phone is taken from the official wallpaper from Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 that features all three of them.
In Mugen Souls, there is a Shampuru enemy that greatly resembles Rom in terms of appearances and is named 'CPU Big Sis'. This makes sense considering that Rom is the oldest of the twins.
Rom's description is "Loves cute little sisters with big fighting spirits".
Mugen Souls Z
In Mugen Souls Z, the Shampuru enemy who resembles Rom makes another appearance, though not in the same locations as the last game.
Audio samples do not work on iPad or any medium that does not support the .ogg audio format.
|Rom and Ram's Theme||Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2||Rom and Ram have their own theme in Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 composed by Kenji Kaneko that plays during their boss battles. Their theme notably has a 8-bit game sound in it, most likely to fit the general theme of Lowee which has a similar sounding theme. This theme does not appear on the Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 OST.|
|Futari de Hitotsu||Rom and Ram's duet song on the Hyperdimension Neptunia Duet Sisters Vol.3 album.|
|Heart wo Tsunaide||Rom's solo song on the Hyperdimension Neptunia Duet Sisters Vol.3 album.|
|Futari de Hitotsu_Remix||A remixed version of Futari de Hitotsu released on the Hyperdimension Neptunia Share Complete Discs set.|
|Rom and Ram's Theme ver.V||Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory||Rom and Ram have another theme which is an overall acoustic version of their theme from Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2. It is titled Rom and Ram's Theme ver.V and plays during many cutscenes throughout the game instead of any special occurrences regarding Rom and Ram despite it being their theme.|
|White Wings||Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed||Blanc, Rom, and Ram's theme which plays whenever one of them transforms.|
|White Wings Re;Birth||MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies||A remix of White Wings. Used for the game's story menu.|
Rom's name comes from the acronym for "Read-Only Memory".
- Rom and Ram are the only dual goddesses, as in they both represent the same console. This is most likely due to the fact that the DS has two screens.
- Despite how it appears, Rom is the older sister. However, because of her shy personality, it is Ram who usually leads the way. In the English version Ram herself tells Nepgear she is the younger twin, to her surprise.
- Given that the 2D screen of the Nintendo DS was directly inherited from the earlier models of the Game Boy, this would mean Rom represents the 2D aspects of those handhelds.
- Another way to tell the twins apart, besides color, hair length, and expression is by direction. Most of Ram's things are on the left while Rom's will be on the right. From our view however, Ram is on the right hand, while Rom is on the left.
- In the 2011 popularity poll, Rom placed 10th.
- In the 4th quarter of 2014 a poll was posted to decide the possible next main character of a game (similar to Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart). Rom made it to 11th place.
- Rom's clothes are influenced by Popo from Ice Climber based on the colors.
- Rom has half of the Nintendo DS logo on her hat.
- In a cutscene in Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2, Rom and Ram reference the release of the 3DS by stating that Mina Nishizawa had bought them a new 3D gaming console.
- Rom's weapons reference the Nintendo DS stylus.