Tekken (鉄拳, Tekken) is a recurring human character in the Hyperdimension Neptunia series. She represents the video game franchise known as Tekken.
Due to the Neptunia series being a game that revolves around different universes and dimensions, there are multiple Tekken's throughout the series though all of them retain more or less the same personalities and core aspects regardless of the setting
As the case with most Makers, Tekken's name comes directly from what she represents, the name Tekken video game franchise.
- Tekken is the first character to be based on a particular game and not a company or console. This is due to the fact that Namco has many different games, as well as a number of JRPG such as the Tales series. It was decided to use Tekken as the producer Katsuhiro Harada gave his permission.
- Her design is inspired by Jin Kazama's default costume, who is one of the main characters of the Tekken franchise. Said default costume is also topless, which justifies Tekken very short top.
- Like Heihaichi Mishima from the same series, she too has a friendly bear named Kuma as a partner.
- Her moves draw from all three male members of the Mishima clan, including Heihachi, Kazuya, and Jin.
- While her design is based on Jin Kazama, her gleeful comments about her Devil Gene potentially awakening on level ups reflect Kazuya's feelings on the Devil Gene, even having variants of Kazuya's Devil Beam attacks as support skills.
- The Jack series of machines built as combat androids by the Mishima Conglomerate is directly referenced in the third game.
- In the English version, Neptune confuses Tekken's name for "Taken" and thinks she is "That cool actor from that movie where you throat chop everyone to rescue your daughter!" This is a reference to the film Taken starring Liam Neeson.
- Tekken was not announced with the other DLC characters from Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory. She was revealed a few months after the Japanese version of Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory released.